Breakfast Polenta with Dried Blueberries
Breakfast polenta with honey, cinnamon, vanilla and dried blueberries.Serves 4
4 cups water,
1 teaspoon salt,
1 cup instant polenta cornmeal,
2 tablespoons honey,
1 teaspoon cinnamon,
1 tablespoon butter,
1 teaspoon vanilla,
3/4 cup Stoneridge Orchards dried blueberries
1. Bring water and salt to a boil. Slowly pour in the polenta, whisking the whole time so it doesn’t clump.
2. Once smooth, add honey, cinnamon, butter, and vanilla. Stir for about 3 minutes. Remove from heat, add blueberries.
3. Pour the mixture into a 9 x13 cake pan and spread out to all sides. Place in the refrigerator for an hour until it is solid and cool.
4. Remove from refrigerator and cut into squares.
5. Heat a grill pan or a skillet with butter and grill or sauté the polenta squares until browned or until grill marks appear.
6. Serve with powdered sugar and maple syrup.